Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Cycle of Life

The Rabbi died today. The one that was supposed to marry us in approximately three and a half months. Or maybe it was yesterday. I'm not sure exactly when. My fiancés mother phoned to give us the news today. At the end of the conversation my fiancé said, "So does this mean that he isn't going to marry us?"

Well, he was in his 80s. So it's not like we didn't know that this was a possiblity. At least it didn't happen the day before or even worse - the day of the wedding. At least we have 3 and a half months notice so that we can make another plan. But it's very sad. He was a long time family friend of my soon-to-be in-laws and their entire family. Why does everything have to change? Why couldn't he have held on another 6 months? It's sad.

And now I have to add something back ON to my to-do list: Find Officiant. Ugh.

No comments: