Monday, February 12, 2007

Floral Design

The services of a floral designer either cost $1500 or $4000. There is nothing in between. You can either buy JUST bouquets and boutineers (sp?) for $1500, or you can do the expected amount of floral design for $4000. When I read on Nancy Liu Chin's website that her minimum order was $4,000 for a Saturday or Sunday booking.. I actually gasped. Out loud. I thought that spending $2,000 on my dress was a splurge. Ouch. If you are wearing a dupione silk dress and your wedding is at the Legion of Honor in San Francisco, do you think it's okay to not have flower arrangements on the dinner tables? I didn't think so. Pretty much... you have to have the flowers. But here's my question... where do you think my $4,000 worth of flowers will be on June 18th... the day after my wedding??? Well, I guess they will eternally look good in the photographs and the video. Wow.

I love my floral designer. Her name is Sharla Flock. She understands me. But she's still charging me $4,000 for my flowers.

1 comment:

zulugoddess said...

$4000 on flowers?! That's just sinful. And I'm all for sinning. Just make sure you have a lot of money left over for booze. Nothin worse than a dry wedding with a bunch of sneezing guests!