Thursday, January 11, 2007

"The Date" is June 17th, 2007

We found a location, a date, a wedding dress, an officiant, and a videographer all within 6 days! Wow. John and I should plan weddings for a living. We're getting married on June 17th, 2007 at 5:45pm at the Legion of Honor in San Francisco. I will wear a Justin Alexandar dress (style not to be named to keep some things a surprise...)

I loved the James Leary Flood Mansion as well. It probably has the most perfect set up for a ceremony. But ultimately the "flow" of the rooms at the Flood was not as ideal as the Legion Cafe and Sculpture Garden spaces combined for a reception. And then there is the fact that John has a clear preference for the Legion. And I've always wanted to get married in an Art Museum. And while I'm at it, I will mention that ultimately the Flood Mansion would cost twice as much as the Legion. But that's not why the Legion is the winner. When you head up the hill to the Legion, step out of your car, and walk towards the stately colunmns that create the facade of the Legion of Honor, you will understand why the Legion is the winner.

Save the Date!

No comments: